Our DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Programs
At TAG/AMS, our team is here to assist with a range of needs for each of our clients. As a leading FAA/DOT drug testing and DoT Compliance consortium for clients nationwide, we are available to create a custom reasonable suspicion drug testing, random drug testing, and alcohol testing monitoring program to keep you in compliance with federal mandates. We help assist in creating a drug workplace plan that is in accordance with the Drug-Free Federal Workplace act of 1988. Contact us for more details on implementing a drug-free workplace program today.
Aviation Medical Systems (AMS) Employee Drug/Alcohol Testing was established in 1989 to handle the compliance and implementation of the Federal Aviation Administration and Department of Transportation mandated drug/alcohol testing program. AMS then merged with The Affiliated Group (TAG) in 1991 and became known as TAG/AMS, Inc. Employee Drug Testing Consortium.
Our List of Clients
Throughout the years, TAG/AMS, Inc. has worked with countless organizations nationwide. Today, we represent more than 1,100 clients, handling compliance matters and providing drug administration programs for a wide spectrum of private industries. Our clients include the following modalities:
- DOT/FAA: Federal Aviation Administration
- DOT/FMCSA: Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (formerly known as FHWA)
- DOT/FTA: Federal Transit Administration
- DOT/PHMSA: Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
- DOT/USCG: US Coast Guard
- PUC: State of California Public Utilities Commission
- Non-Regulated: Non-Regulated Private Company Programs
Although the FAA no longer issues consortium approvals, TAG/AMS continues to work closely with the FAA and, prior to this change, TAG/AMS held two approvals as follows:
- Aviation Medical Systems (AMS): FAA Antidrug/Alcohol Plan – #E-WP-00007-U
- The Affiliated Group (TAG): FAA Antidrug/Alcohol Plan – #E-WP-00045-U
Our company has built a reputation for proven results with organizations around the country. TAG/AMS is a proud member of the following organizations:
- National Business Aviation Association (NBAA)
- Substance Abuse Program Administrators
- Drug and Alcohol Testing Industry Association
- Business Consumer Alliance
About Our Founder
Joan Denver is a recognized professional in the FAA/DOT Anti-drug Testing Program. She has been involved with the development and management of TAG – THE AFFILIATED GROUP Anti-drug Testing Consortium since 1989.
Throughout the years, Ms. Denver has provided consultation to federally mandated companies as well as private industry in the development of their programs. She has been involved with the City of Long Beach, Department of Health, in several of their pilot programs involving substance abuse training.
Joan became the owner of the AMS Employee Drug Testing Consortium in August 1991. She has worked with the Federal Aviation Administration in the management and development of the consortia.
In January 1992, her son Rick Denver joined her. Together they combined TAG – THE AFFILIATED GROUP and AMS – Aviation Medical Systems into TAG/AMS, Inc., which now has more than 1,100 clients.